Friday, April 17, 2015

Fastest route from Manila to Pansol and vice versa (via Calamba SLEX-Bucal Bypass Road)

In case you don't know yet, there is a bypass road allowing you to reach Pansol resorts (Southbound coming from SLEX) or Calamba SLEX (Northbound coming from Pansol) in no time. Called Bucal-Milagrosa Bypass Road, this diversion is situated between a railroad crossing and Letran Calamba campus. Bucal is considered a gateway to Laguna resorts where  hot springs abound which could be why this portion of the national highway was chosen for the bypass to decongest traffic.

If you are a tourist on a private vehicle who plan to rent a private pool in Laguna and enjoy the summer in any of the resorts in Pansol or Los Banos, or a South Luzon-bound motorist from either Sto. Tomas Batangas or Manila, then this post is for you. I would assume of course that you also wish to save on time and gasoline in your travel.
For as long as you frequent the Calamba SLEX exit and have grown tired of the late afternoon traffic that starts at 5:00PM from Turbina stretching all the way to Calamba crossing, this post is for you. This is also for you if you want to avoid traffic that builds up on Chipeco Avenue and National Highway/Manila South Road crossing or Halang as we locals fondly call it. Again, you can only take this route if you are on a private vehicle, meaning you are not a passenger of any public utility bus (PUB) or public utility jeepney (PUJ).

I just took the route today on my way to Manila from my home in Bay, Laguna. Upon entering the Bucal Bypass road, I took note of my odometer reading which was at 489.3 kilometers. I exited Ayala Greenfield Estates at 493.6 kilometers telling me that it was a 4.3 kilometer travel.

I'll be making a second run on my way home today and check if I am correct. I will then share it with you on this blog. In that post, I will also be telling you how many kilometers it took me to travel from the point where the two routes separate to the point where the two routes converge. I will also estimate the time a motorist can save by taking the new route.